Peaches

Peaches

Saturday, May 3, 2008

May Days




I love this time of year. Everything is turning green and the early perennials are in bloom. The bleeding hearts along the side of my garage were a gift from my husband many years ago and every spring they make me smile. They tell me winter is finally over and spring is really here. The other side of the garage plays host to my evergreen shrubs and epimediums which produce very tiny yellow flowers at first bloom and in fall their leaves turn a bronzey gold. My backyard flower garden will contain various hardy perennials blooming periodically from spring to fall. The walnut trees provide some shade in this garden, but allow the early blooming perennials enough light in early spring. My oriole feeding in the center of the garden has already attracted a pair of orioles. I hope Mother Nature co-operates this spring with no more frosty morning.

No comments: