Peaches

Peaches

Saturday, January 5, 2008

A New Year Resolution


The holidays are packed away and I'm into an organizing type of mood. I've cleaned up the quilt/art studio and even my work table is empty. As I go through some of the UFO's of last year, I often wonder "what was I thinking". Art is a "try and see", "success and failure" pursuit. Not every thing I start ends up as a masterpiece and everything tried should not fall into that category. Failure is part of the process. It is the doing that is important. Inspiration comes slowly and from different aspects of life. The hard part is putting the inspiration in a viable art form. Ideas constantly swarm in my head but sometimes get stymied along the way. I think this years resolution will be to see the glass has half full instead of half empty. After all, art is a process of self-expression and it is the process that is important, not the end result.

No comments: