Peaches

Peaches

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Paper Quilt Challenge

Are you up for a challenge? I am. "Quilting Arts Magazine"http://www.quiltingartsllc.com is doing a paper quilt challenge for their upcoming show this April in Chicago. The theme is TRUE COLORS. Since "Quilting Arts Magazine" and their sister magazine "Cloth Paper Scissors" are two of my favorite reads, I've decided to take up the challenge and make a 12" square mixed media paper quilt. Not an easy task for a left brain individual but something that is fun if not frightening. It gives me a chance to play without constraints. No rules, just let your creativity flow.
As not to reveal too much, the above is a picture of a portion of my progress thus far. All I can say is that the theme is a diversion from the cold and snowy weather outside my front door.

No comments: