Peaches

Peaches

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Experimenting with Technique


A very good friend of mine got sick last week and needed emergency treatment immediately. I'm lost without my friend and it will probably be 12 days before any diagnosis is made. It happened all of a sudden. We were together in my attic/quilt studio and my friend suddenly froze up and was unable to move without my help.
Yes, my good friend of 10 years, my Janome 4800 sewing machine, is in the shop for repairs. I am lost without my trusty machine, which has been worry free until last Thursday. I'm hoping for a good prognosis.
There has been a good outcome to not having a sewing machine at my disposal for over a week. It has given me the option of experimenting with different techniques of mixed media. Some of the experimenting was messy and didn't work out; others were tons of fun and will probably be incorporated in future projects. The picture above shows some mono-printing using transparencies; making fabric paper; foiling; combining Angelina fibers with stamps and other objects; and my favorite thus far: painting and stamping on tyvek. Each of these techniques needs more practice on my part, but they have been fun to do.

1 comment:

Cindra said...

You had me going there for a minute... I was trying to figure out what kind of seizure your friend must have had.