Peaches

Peaches

Friday, December 14, 2007

Creative Friends

I have a very creative best friend. She's not really just a friend, I consider her like a long lost sister. We met on the Internet and then through a quilt group and then at a quilt gathering. That was 10 years ago and we have been friends ever since.
Every Christmas we exchange gifts and every year I can't wait to see what she has sent. They are always wonderful and special. She can read my mind. Take for instance this year I purchased some gift baskets from Stonewall Kitchens as gifts for some friends and said to my DH that I wish someone would send me a gift from Stonewall Kitchens. A week later I received the above. A box of goodies consisting of jams, jellys, apple butter, and scone mix from her together with a Nantucket basket (which I adore, as I have not been able to make one for myself) and an array of quilting fabrics and a pattern. I swear, she can read my mind.
And, that's what is so special about having a creative best friend. She views our friendship with a creative flair.

No comments: