Peaches

Peaches

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Creative Mondays



Where does inspiration come from to be creative? What does it take to get those ideas flowing.

For me it comes from other quilters. I belong to a group (not an official type of guild) but a group of women some older than myself; some younger; who meet weekly at our local library. Some of these women are snowbirds some are life long residents of the small town. There is no official meeting just quite a bit of "show and tell" and a lot of discussion on various ongoing projects. Some bring sewing machines, some do hand work, some just come and drink coffee and visit. But, all and all, they are the nicest and non judgementmental group of women I have ever met. They are open to all types of creativity and eager to find out what current projects are and what's new in the world of fiber.

Above is a quilt that one of these women brought for "show and tell". She worked on it during a long RV trip to Florida. It's all hand appliqued and hand quilted. It is gorgeous.

From time to time I bring some of my work for "show and tell". It's usually not traditional in nature, but it is appreciated by everyone. No quilt police who tell me it's not really a quilt or that it has to be hand done. Everyone appreciates every one's efforts and that is a gift in itself.

No comments: