Peaches

Peaches

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Chicago, my kind of town

Leaving today for a trip to the International Quilt Show at the Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois. I've been looking forward to this trip for quite some time. IQA puts on a fantastic show in the windy city with over 800 quilts on display and 400 vendors setting up shop. It's a mini version of their big show that takes place yearly in Houston in October. It's a chance to see traditional and art quilts in one venue and it offers the a chance to take classes with famous teachers well versed in varied aspects of quilting. The wealth of information is staggering. At this show, as in Houston, the very gracious, Karey Bresenhan, hosts a get together with SAQA and quiltart members which includes the traditional tiara parade. Meeting with other art quilters at this get together is the highlight of the trip for me. My mind explodes with ideas by just talking with this very talented people. Of course, I do also enjoy the shopping at the vendors on the convention floor. I guess you could say "Chicago is my kind of town".

1 comment:

Cindra said...

I was torn between the trip to Arizona and this quilt show. Hope you share photos.

Thank you for stopping by. It's nice to know others have survived 89A!