Peaches

Peaches

Monday, April 21, 2008

More pics from IQA Chicago




The above are some of pictures of quilts I took at the IQA show in Chicago. Though I took over 60 pictures of different quilts , these three quilts are my favorites. The first one is Fatal Attraction by Sandy Curran; the second is Turbulence by Diane Firth (can you believe each of those strips were torn then sewn to create the concentric circles); and the bottom quilt is Twilight Dance by Charla R. Gee ( love the colors of this quilt). I also enjoyed the SAQA exhibit of quilts but they were off limits to photograph. As I review the pictures of these truly superb quilts I marvel at the artist's techniques and their attention to detail and choice of colors.
When telling the uninformed about my trip to see quilts at an international venue such at IQA, many vision the quilts their grandmothers and great grandmothers made. When I show them my pictures they are left speechless. I do love the traditional quilts and many traditional patterns, but my heart leaps when I see these quilts; contemporary, artistic, and innovative. Traditional quilts may warm the bed at night, but these artistic wonders warm my heart.

No comments: