Peaches

Peaches

Sunday, April 20, 2008

IQA Classes



While attending the IQA show I was fortunate to take two wonderful classes from two very creative and innovative teachers. The first class involved making a purse from Tyvek. Yes, tyvek, the building material used by home builders to moisture proof a home during construction. The teacher, Tricia Spitzmueller, http://www.triciaspitzmueller.com showed us varied artistic uses for this material and how much fun it was to experiment with this recyclable . The first picture above shows the sample purse. It is fun, durable, and so light weight, it's hard to believe you are even carrying it around. Thanks Tricia, I really enjoyed your class.
The class on Friday was presented by Lisa Engelbrecht http://lisaengelbrecht.com
a master at calligraphy. Even though it may take years before I perfect my skills with ink pen and paper practicing this art, she made the class fun. I personally think she was extremely generous with letting us use different types of pens, inks, paints, stamps, and other creative materials. The second picture is a project done by Lisa which appeared in Quilting Arts Magazine. I know I will have fun continuing my practice on canvas of using inks and paints. She has a DVD which can be purchased at her above listed website.
Attending classes at this IQA show is exhausting but nevertheless it gives you a chance to try things you may never have tried before, and with the help of teachers as listed above, it is always a delightful experience

No comments: